The mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for financial assistance from CANADA colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front cost of obtaining admission.
The Canada Embassy will work closely through their representatives with students regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships to attend colleges and universities in the Canada. The cost for application process is sponsored, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the Canada Education.
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- A maintenance allowance for a single student ($14,900 for 12 months at the 2018-19 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
About the scholarship
- Academic development funding – from $500 to $2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to $10,120 for a first child and up to $4,320 for a second child (2018 – 19 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other field work costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for Ph.D. Scholars may be provided
- A citizen of any country outside the Canada
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- Ph.D. (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MAs, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Application Deadline: November 10th, 2019
How To Apply:
- Fill up the online applications for scholarship programs on this platform.
- Upload your transcripts form to the online application.
- write a statement of purpose. This should convey your interest, academic qualification and your goals.
- Submit the application online when all the necessary documents required are completed.